[LLVMdev] [RFC] Parallelization metadata and intrinsics in LLVM (for OpenMP, etc.)

Mahesha HS mahesha.llvm at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 14:39:54 PDT 2012

I am not an optimizer guy, but, I am just thinking, if we can solve the
problems that we are discussing in this mail chain, by introducing a
middle-end in between front-end and LLVM. We may need to introduce GGC
GIMPLE kind of IR (or any new suitable IR) in the middle-end so that
front-end can produce this new IR, middle-end can consume it, and do all
the parallelization and subsequent optimizations, and generate LLVM IR to
take it forward by LLVM. Again going through middle-end can be made
optional depending on the requirements. This means, front-end must have to
have a capability to produce either new IR to middle-end or LLVM IR
directly to LLVM.

--
mahesha

mahesha