[LLVMdev] [RFC] Parallelization metadata and intrinsics in LLVM (for OpenMP, etc.)

Andrey Bokhanko andreybokhanko at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 08:38:29 PDT 2012

Vikram,

I agree with basically everything you said.

Yes, our (Intel) proposal is clearly OpenMP-specific. This is
obviously a deficiency that probably makes it unsuitable for inclusion
as a "first class" part of LLVM IR. What we intended is to have a
simple extension of LLVM IR (based on existing IR constructs) that
establishes common ground for front-end, back-end and runtime library
writers -- and thus, further progress of OpenMP support in LLVM
compiler toolchain.

Yours,
Andrey
---