[LLVMdev] Getting Started

Philip Ashmore contact at philipashmore.com
Thu Nov 29 09:52:31 PST 2012

On 11/29/2012 05:41 PM, Joe Abbey wrote:
> I know this process is well documented
> here http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html
>
> But man do I love scripting things:
>
> LLVM Getting Started (See http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html)
> ./getttingStarted.sh [-clang] [-compiler-rt] [-test-suite] [-branch
> branch]
>  [-dir path] [-r rev]
>
> By default this script checks out ToT LLVM to the current working
> directory
>
> Project Options:
>   -clang                 Checkout Clang repo
>   -compiler-rt           Checkout Compiler RT
>   -test-suite            Checkout LLVM test-suite
>
> Configuration Options:
>   -branch branch         Checkout a specific branch, default trunk
>   -dir path              Checkout to path instead of current working dir
>   -r rev                 Checkout to a specific revision
>   -v                     Verbose mode
>
>   -help                  Print this message
>
> The shell script is attached, if you are interested.  Perhaps we can
> add this to the GettingStarted doc?
>
> Joe

Hithere.

If you used a makefile then theoptions could be makefile variables.
You could then also build what you downloaded/updated.
Then you could also specify -j7 and the parallel build options would be
passed to llvm's make process.
Lastly you could add targets to make a debian package and/or the
documentation.

Just my 2c.

Regards,
Philip Ashmore