[LLVMdev] how to stop intrinsic being deleted

Sam Parker S.Parker3 at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Nov 28 11:52:10 PST 2012

Hi,

So, I have inserted some calls to my intrinsic functions in a pass but there
are being removed. The purpose of the intrinsics are to increment a specific
register, the intrinsic call is lowered to a node that i have defined with
SDNPSideEffect and the instruction also is defined as 'hasSideEffects = 1'.
I have defined the instruction to return a i32 but take no arguments. Is
there any way to stop my instruction being deleted or do I need to define my
intrinsic as taking a register as an argument? And if this is the case, how
do I define a target specific register as an argument to the call?

Thanks,

Sam