[LLVMdev] Move TargetRegisterInfo and TargetInstrInfo into libCodeGen

Jakob Stoklund Olesen stoklund at 2pi.dk
Tue Nov 27 10:24:50 PST 2012

Hi,

Would anyone object to my moving the TargetRegisterInfo and TargetInstrInfo classes into libCodeGen?

TargetInstrInfo	is already halfway there with its TargetInstrInfoImpl class implementing most shared functionality. The lib/Target/TargetInstrInfo.cpp file has two remaining functions that happen to not depend on libCodeGen, but I don't think they serve any purpose as part of libTarget.

Similarly, the functions in lib/Target/TargetRegisterInfo.cpp happen to not depend on libCodeGen, but I don't think the TRI interface has anything to offer to a libTarget client that doesn't link libCodeGen as well.

AFAICK, TargetMachine.cpp doesn't depend on either of these classes.

/jakob