[LLVMdev] [llvm-commits] Flag to print vectorized loops

Sean Silva silvas at purdue.edu
Mon Nov 26 18:26:49 PST 2012

> IMO, the right way to build this is something like
> "InlineAsmDiagnosticHandler" in LLVMContext (but hopefully better, and more
> structured :)

Hey Chris,

Did you catch my suggestion in reply to Hal, about maybe generalizing
Clang's diagnostics infrastructure up into LLVM? Your reply seems
along the same lines. It seems like a natural fit to reuse that rather
than make another one (and it would permit seamless integration).
Also, presumably LLD is going to be giving sweet diagnostics some day,
and this change would be analogous to the work that Michael Spencer
has been doing lifting and generalizing the option-parsing stuff from
Clang. What do you think about that approach?

-- Sean