[LLVMdev] Old JIT Status (i.e., can we delete it?)

Rafael EspĂ­ndola rafael.espindola at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 15:49:16 PST 2012

> Rafael, could you mention in a few words the role these "EH bits"
> serve for the legacy JIT? What is the meaning/impact of removing them?
> - i.e. what will stop working? Given that there's still need of the
> legacy JIT to be around, what is the advantage of removing this code,
> at the expense of losing existing functionality?

I have never used them myself, so I can talk about what they do, not
what they are used for. They produce exception handling tables that
look similar to (are?) the ones specified by the x86_64 abi. This
tables are used by stack unwinders and could probably be used to JIT
code that uses "zero cost" exceptions.

> Eli

Cheers,
Rafael