[LLVMdev] Old JIT Status (i.e., can we delete it?)

Albert Graef Dr.Graef at t-online.de
Sat Nov 24 06:47:14 PST 2012

On 11/24/2012 11:05 AM, Benjamin Kramer wrote:
> The last major roadblock is lazy compilation. I don't think we can remove the old JIT until MCJIT supports that.

I agree. But that alone may not be enough to support dynamic languages.
In the Pure JIT I often need to be able to replace the IR of the body of
an already lowered function and generate new code for it. This also
needs to be fast, so recompiling the entire module when this happens is
not an option. Will this be possible with MCJIT?

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany
Email:  Dr.Graef at t-online.de, ag at muwiinfa.geschichte.uni-mainz.de
WWW:    http://www.musikinformatik.uni-mainz.de/ag