[LLVMdev] Disable loop unroll pass

Gang Yu yugang.bj at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 14:56:23 PST 2012

Hi shuxin,

Promote while-loop to do-loop is the job of loop induction recognized, not this transformation. The scalar transform for hwloop in optimizer is for that it is a trouble to discriminate trip counting code with the real production code stuff and do the elimination in cg,  we have to write customized code to handle this general stuff in ervey targets. So, we take the help from optimizer DCE,  make the trip count code hidden in emitted whirl, that greatly simply the design, especially interact with cg unroll, you can see the code, we add  validity check functionality , but the code reduced, more stable.

Gang

在 2012-11-23,3:17,Shuxin Yang <shuxin.llvm at gmail.com> 写道: