[LLVMdev] loop pragmas

Krzysztof Parzyszek kparzysz at codeaurora.org
Wed Nov 21 10:59:48 PST 2012

On 11/21/2012 12:48 PM, Tobias Grosser wrote:
> On 11/21/2012 06:56 PM, Krzysztof Parzyszek wrote:
>>
>> Yes, that is not hard to accomplish.
>
> Actually, I believe this is _not_ easy. Though, it makes only sense to
> discuss this with a specific annotation in mind.

Agreed.  If there is a dedicated consumer of certain annotations, then
after it's done, it should remove the annotations.  This is not hard
when it can run early enough not to have the annotations altered by
prior transformations.  Now, if there are special annotations for
several dedicated consumers, or the consumer has to run late, then it
does become difficult.

What would be nice is if we came up with a design that would allow a
relatively easy validation of the annotations (something conceptually
similar to error-detecting codes).  The consumer then would disregard
and remove the annotations that are no longer valid.

-Krzysztof

hosted by The Linux Foundation