[LLVMdev] loop pragmas

Krzysztof Parzyszek kparzysz at codeaurora.org
Wed Nov 21 06:45:01 PST 2012

On 11/21/2012 6:53 AM, Tobias Grosser wrote:

> o Blocks future optimizations
>
> At the moment LLVM performs little loop optimizations. Hence, the
> original structure is not changed too much.

I'm thinking of this in terms of parallelization directives.  The
optimizations that rely on such annotations would need to be done as
early as possible, before any optimization that could invalidate them.
If the annotation can become false, you are right---it's probably not a
good idea to have it as the medium.  Other types of annotations that are
"harmless" are probably good to have, for example "unroll-by" (assuming
that this is a suggestion to the compiler, not an order).

-Krzysztof

hosted by The Linux Foundation