[LLVMdev] lli successfully run the program but gcc gives seg-fault

Arnamoy Bhattacharyya arnamoy at ualberta.ca
Mon Nov 19 17:46:12 PST 2012

Hello;

I was writing this instrumentation pass and I am facing a problem.  My
pass instruments the bit code with some extra instructions.  When I
run this instrumented bitcode using lli, it runs perfectly, but when I
compile the bitcode using llc and then produce the native binary using
gcc and run it, I get a seg-fault.

Can anyone please tell me the possible reason(s) for this?

Thank you;

--
Arnamoy Bhattacharyya
Athabasca Hall 143