[LLVMdev] Using LLVM to serialize object state -- and performance

Paul J. Lucas paul at lucasmail.org
Thu Nov 15 20:15:03 PST 2012

On Nov 13, 2012, at 6:15 PM, "Kaylor, Andrew" <andrew.kaylor at intel.com> wrote:

> The passes run are determined by TargetMachine::adPassesToEmitMachineCode (or addPassesToEmitMC in the case of MCJIT), which is called from the JIT constructor.  You can step through that to see where the passes are coming from or you can create a custom target machine instance to control it.

Assuming I were to create a TargetMachine, any small examples of controlling it I could see?

On Nov 13, 2012, at 5:57 PM, Anton Korobeynikov <anton at korobeynikov.info> wrote:

>> And how do I control what the passes are to that FunctionPassManager?
>
> You should not. There are some options though, like optimization level
> inside TargetMachine / TargetPassConfig

What relationship (if any) does the FunctionPassManager I create explicitly for LLVM IR code generation have to the FunctionPassManager created implicitly that's used during JIT native code generation?

- Paul