[LLVMdev] RFC: I'm interested in filling the code-owner role for the following...

NAKAMURA Takumi geek4civic at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 18:32:28 PST 2012

2012/11/16 Chris Lattner <clattner at apple.com>:
> On Nov 14, 2012, at 7:08 PM, Chandler Carruth <chandlerc at google.com> wrote:
>> Config
>> ADT
>> Support[1]
>> CMake
>> "library layering"[2]
>>
>> Inlining (including cost and other related passes)
>> SROA / mem2reg (and other related passes)
>
> Makes sense to me!
>
>> [1]: Regarding Support: I talked to Michael Spencer about this. I'm
>> offering to own most of Support, but would like Michael's to be
>> reviewing all OS-specific code for Windows compatibility (includes the
>> Windows directory and a few other bits). Similarly, I'd like Eric
>> Christopher to review all OS-specific code for Darwin compatibility.
>> I've talked to both of them and they seem fine with this. It means 3
>> people reviewing, but I think this is important for OS-specific stuff
>> given the different concerns…
>
> Sounds fine.  I still want someone on the hook for being the overall owner.  So long as your willing to be the one to cross check with them, I'm ok with any contributor who is competent in an area to do the actual review.

I rather suggest "the small committee" model for it by a few persons.
For example; (assume "you" as a member in the committee, and "others"
as other members in the committee)

  - You may approve (and commit) any trivial (rather, non-critical) proposals.
  - You may be responsible to watch others' commits (with
after-commit) each other.
  - It could be better for you to ask, delegate, and propose optional
or non-trivial issues to others.
  - Mr. Chris Lattner is the chairman! (Though, we shouldn't rely on him)
  - Be polite! Be honest! Happy hacking!

...Takumi