[LLVMdev] unable to interface with target machine

Philip Ashmore contact at philipashmore.com
Thu Nov 15 15:44:50 PST 2012

On 15/11/12 10:10, Duncan Sands wrote:

>>> clang -v
>>>
>>> Ciao, Duncan.
>>
>> Sorry for not being specific enough - I meant in code.
>> I tried some clang functions to try to get the triplet using clang
>> functions but
>> it still caused the error.
>
> I suggest you take a look in include/llvm/Support/Host.h

I know about getDefaultTargetTriple().

What I don't know is how to get this information into the llvm::Module
so that it gets output with an llvm::raw_os_ostream in a way that clang
understands.

If I could use it with llvm-as without it having to make assumptions, to
build shared libraries and programs, that would be great too.