[LLVMdev] Apple Xcode, LLVM, and automatic (or permanent) breakpoints

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 23:18:50 PST 2012

Hi All,

Please forgive me if this is the wrong group. I did not see a
llvm-user group (). The User Guide also lacked a topic
(http://llvm.org/docs/userguides.html#userguides).

I am an Xcode user. I want to set a breakpoint on malloc_error_break
all the time (it makes no sense to re-run after setting the breakpoint
on occasion). I want the breakpoint whenever the debugger starts, and
for all projects (even projects that have not been created).

Under GDB, I could probably do this via '.gdbinit.' It does not appear
LLVM has the same as a search turned up no results (please correct me
here).

How can one set a permanent breakpoint on malloc_error_break under LLVM?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff