[LLVMdev] Kill TestSuiteMakefileGuide.html?

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Wed Nov 14 21:55:07 PST 2012

Hi Sean,

On 14/11/12 23:53, Sean Silva wrote:
> Sorry for the bother Jim, but I'm calling on you again for guidance
> about llvm-gcc mentions. What should be done about the mention of
> llvm-gcc on <http://llvm.org/docs/TestSuiteMakefileGuide.html>? Can we
> just roughly s/llvm-gcc/clang/ ? Daniel, feel free to provide guidance
> as well.

to some extent llvm-gcc lives on in dragonegg, for example to build the
testsuite using dragonegg you need to use the --with-llvmgccdir flag and
do some tricks.  While I've got nothing against you substituting clang
for llvm-gcc in the document, it would be nice to have a section that
explains how to use dragonegg.  Even nicer would be to make the makefiles
more generic, rather than hard-wiring in clang/llvm-gcc[*], so that pretty
much any compiler can be easily used.

Ciao, Duncan.

[*] They used to be more generic, but in making life better for clangers
Eric made life worse for dragoneggers, though I don't remember what the
changes were exactly.