[LLVMdev] [RFC] Extend LLVM IR to express "fast-math" at a per-instruction level

Krzysztof Parzyszek kparzysz at codeaurora.org
Wed Nov 14 12:43:03 PST 2012

On 11/14/2012 2:28 PM, Michael Ilseman wrote:
> I think I missed what problem we're trying to solve here.

I'm guessing that the actual encoding may change.  If we know that there
are certain unused bits, we don't need to store them.  If the bits are
used, we have to keep them.  I think someone was working on some sort of
bitcode compression scheme, and in that context the difference may be
significant.

-Krzysztof

hosted by The Linux Foundation