[LLVMdev] Using LLVM to serialize object state -- and performance

Paul J. Lucas paul at lucasmail.org
Tue Nov 13 11:27:00 PST 2012

Switching to CodeGenOpt::None reduced the execution time from 5.74s to 0.84s.  By just tweaking things randomly, changing to CodeModel::Small reduced it further to 0.22s.

We have some old, ugly, pure C++ code that we're trying to replace (both because it's ugly and because it's slow).  It's execution time is about 0.089s, so that's the time to beat.

Hence, I'd like to reduce the 0.22s time even further to below 0.089s.  Any ideas?

- Paul