[LLVMdev] RE : fmac generation for cortex-a9

Renato Golin rengolin at systemcall.org
Mon Nov 12 02:19:48 PST 2012

On 12 November 2012 08:27, Sebastien DELDON-GNB <sebastien.deldon at st.com> wrote:
> So back to the original problem why when using -mcpu=cortex-a9 VMLA/VMLS are not generated and when I use -mtriple=armv7-eabi they are ?

Oh, right! Now it makes more sense...

-mcpu support is flaky, you should only use in conjunction with
--triple (or whatever people change to these days).

The main reason is that there isn't (yet) a good relationship between
cpus/fpus and architectures, so you need to provide both.

Try to dump the IR with just the -mcpu option and check what triple
it's printing.

cheers,
--renato