[LLVMdev] Using LLVM to serialize object state -- and performance

Kaylor, Andrew andrew.kaylor at intel.com
Tue Nov 6 14:08:37 PST 2012

OK, I think it's starting to make sense.  You probably don't want to write machine code.  That's why I was confused about pointer continuity.  It wouldn't work with machine code.

It might be worth stepping through the look-up by name in a debugger to see what's happening.  I think it's possible that is slow.

-Andy