[LLVMdev] Avoiding the emission of metadata

David Chisnall David.Chisnall at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Nov 2 02:40:05 PDT 2012

You can turn off TBAA metadata by passing -fno-strict-aliasing to clang.  You can turn off emitting debug metadata by not passing -g.  There is no flag for turning off metadata in general (for example, range metadata will still be produced for certain casts, and if you compile Objective-C for the GNU runtimes then you will still have some metadata attached to message sends.  If you want to remove all metadata, then you will need to strip it off explicitly, but that leads to the question of what problem you are actually trying to solve.

David