[LLVMdev] Adding comments to generated IR

edA-qa mort-ora-y eda-qa at disemia.com
Thu Nov 1 01:03:09 PDT 2012

I'm using createPrintModulePass to produce the IR of a created Module.
I'm wondering if there is some way to insert/attach comments to the
generated output. That is, prior to a given command, or block, emit a
comment.

I see the ability to add meta/debug data. Could that somehow be used to
get comments into the generated IR? Or is there some other mechanism?

I want to do this to help me diagnose problems in the IR that I am
generating.

--
edA-qa mort-ora-y
Sign: Please digitally sign your emails.