[LLVMdev] LLVM/Clang SVN: 2 Questions

MortenMacFly mac-fly at gmx.net
Thu May 31 01:44:54 PDT 2012

Windows7, Cmake 2.8.8, MinGW 4.6.1. compiler:

I got two questions seeking for help:

1.) I am trying to compile LLVM/Clang from trunk using the instructions from
the LLVM homepage which works fine except that the llvm-config tool is not
being built. When I do a "make" in the "tools\llvm-config" folder it fails,
too with:
../../Makefile.common:60: ../../Makefile.config: No such file or directory
../../Makefile.common:68: /Makefile.rules: No such file or directory
mingw32-make.exe: *** No rule to make target `/Makefile.rules'.  Stop.
Those files are there, so I am a bit lost. Is there a configuration switch I
am missing to build this tool? I searched through the Cmake options, but I
could not find any.

2.) Can I actually compile Windows resource files (*.rc) with Clang? What
would I need to if my project requires a Windows resource file and I want to
compile it using Clang? Linking against a MinGW/windres compiled resource?

Any help is greatly appreciated.