[LLVMdev] Adding Polybench to the test suite

Douglas Teixeira douglasdocouto at gmail.com
Wed May 30 13:50:36 PDT 2012

Hi Duncan,

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 4:28 PM, Duncan Sands <baldrick at free.fr> wrote:
> Hi Douglas,
>
>> We are trying to add Polybench[1] to the LLVM test suite. So far we
>> have all but five benchmarks working fine. The problems we're having
>> in those five benchmarks are due to gcc's versus clang's different
>> ways to output 'Nan's. We are working to solve this.
>
> is it normal (i.e. valid) that they output NaN's differently, or is it a
> bug?

We get basically the same output with clang and gcc. The only
difference is that we get a lot of '-nan's using gcc and we get 'nan's
using clang. Tobias sent me this earlier today:
"An implementation may give zero and values that are not
floating-point numbers (such as  infinities and NaNs) a sign or may
leave them unsigned. Wherever such values are   unsigned, any
requirement in this International Standard to retrieve the sign shall
produce  an unspecified sign, and any requirement to set the sign
shall be ignored."

So I don't think it is bug, but we're getting different results, anyway.

Cheers,

Douglas