[LLVMdev] Clang/Clang++ standard headers?

David Blaikie dblaikie at gmail.com
Mon May 28 10:56:49 PDT 2012

> Does Clang/Clang++ not have its own set of standard headers?

Which ones? The C runtime library? - that's an entire project on its
own, with various implementations per platform (glibc, etc)
The C++ standard library? Also a separate project, though less
platform specific. There is a standard library implementation under
the LLVM project banner - libc++ ( http://libcxx.llvm.org/ ) as an
alternative to libstdc++ - Clang can use either, though I'm not sure
if libc++ is usable in GCC.

> Isn't this a serious issue if Clang/Clang++ is ever to outdo GCC/G++?

Not exactly, no - though as you can see above, some of that's already
accounted for for other reasons anyway.

- David