[LLVMdev] Unable to link in X86AsmParser.cpp into lli

Ashok Nalkund ashoknn at qualcomm.com
Sat May 12 20:00:57 PDT 2012

Hi,
    Using the trunk of svn. I'm trying to get inline-asm working on X86.
So I added call to:

> InitializeNativeTargetAsmParser()

  during initialization. However, this causes a linking error:
> llvm[2]: Linking Debug+Asserts executable lli
> /local/mnt/workspace/ashoknn/crd/neo/llvm/proto/llvmsvn/build/tools/lli/Debug+Asserts/lli.o: In function `llvm::InitializeNativeTargetAsmParser()':
> /local/mnt/workspace/ashoknn/crd/neo/llvm/proto/llvmsvn/llvm/include/llvm/Support/TargetSelect.h:149: undefined reference to `LLVMInitializeX86AsmParser'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

   I've  been scratching my head trying to figure out why? I tried to
look at llc's CMakeLists.txt and it seems very similar to lli's
CMakeLists.txt file (both include asmparser in link components list).

   Any idea whats missing?

TIA,
ashok