[LLVMdev] [lld] driver

Sean Silva silvas at purdue.edu
Mon May 7 16:14:17 PDT 2012

Well since we have that YAML parser handy....

I definitely think that there should be a '--recipe=foo.yaml' commandline
option, which in a straightforward and transparent way calls down into
`ExecuteRecipe("foo.yaml")`, or similar. There can be a couple overloads
for ExecuteRecipe, one taking an in-memory YAML structure, etc. The
different drivers can then basically amount to something like
`ExecuteRecipe(GNULdCmdLineParser(argv, argc))`.

It might pay to put an extra layer between YAML and the libraries, which is
basically a TableGen'd "schema" for the data in the human-readable YAML,
with a 1-1 correspondence so it is easy to go back and forth between them
for debugging; the goal of this extra layer would be to make it more
natural (and faster) to pass around in the libraries since it is just
"regular C++", and not some YAML node.

--Sean Silva