[LLVMdev] SPEC CPU2006 bitcode files

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Fri Mar 23 02:51:54 PDT 2012

Hi Andreas,

> I'm trying to generate bitcode files from the SPEC CPU2006 benchmark suites.
>
> First I installed the benchmarks into ~/llvm/projects/test-suite/External/speccpu2006 and then I tried
>
> ~/mysandbox/bin/lnt runtest nt --sandbox=sandbox --cc=/Users/asd/llvm/Release/bin/clang --test-suite=/Users/asd/llvm/projects/test-suite --test-externals=/Users/asd/llvm/projects/test-suite/External -j 4 --only-test=External/SPEC --enable-jit
>
> It looks like all but two tests did run fine but the Output directories don't contain bitcode files, they only contain object files. Is there a way to generate bitcode files?

I don't know how to do this using "lnt", but you can do it more traditionally
by unpacking the LLVM nightly testsuite into llvm/projects, then configuring
LLVM with --with-externals=path/externals, where the externals directory is
expected to contain speccpu2000, speccpu2006 etc directories.  After building
LLVM you can (in the objects directory where you built LLVM) change to the
projects/test-suite subdirectory and do: make
This should build everything including SPEC.  Once it's done you can rummage
around to find the bitcode.

Ciao, Duncan.