[LLVMdev] FYI -- potential compile time regression on boost spirit with r152737 and/or r152752

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 02:16:39 PDT 2012

Justed wanted to drop folks a note in case they started investigating
issues...

Eric let me know that he was seeing a significant compile time regression
(3x!!!) for O2 builds of Boost spirit on the nightly testers. The really
weird thing is that this was only happening for the ARM targeted build. =/
Very strange, and makes it more likely that there is a smoking gun of "oh,
oops".

I strongly suspect one (or both) of the inliner changes I made as they were
specifically targeting C++-y template and header-based code. I'll be
looking into these first thing in the morning, and I'll revert if there
isn't any quick fix so that bots get back on their feet.

On the flip side, there seem to be some significant performance
improvements for other benchmarks. =/ Hopefully the compile time issues can
be sorted out reasonably.
-Chandler