[LLVMdev] Lowering formal pointer arguments

Ivan Llopard ivanllopard at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 08:16:32 PDT 2012

Hi,

How can I get the llvm-type of the formal argument while lowering it ?

My target needs to map pointer and non-pointer parameters to different
registers. In addition, parameter lowering is address space dependent
(another reason why I need such information). Looking at the DAGBuilder,
I found that it is dropping it when translating llvm-types to BE types.
Even if the base type is saved into the MVT structure, it's a private
member. What's the reason for hiding it ? Why not to keep such information ?

Thanks in advance,

Ivan