[LLVMdev] LLVM GHC Backend: Tables Next To Code

David Terei davidterei at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 16:36:16 PDT 2012

Hi Chris,

One remaining question here is, if the GHC team tries some of these
alternative schemes and finds them unsatisfactory what is the LLVM
communities feeling in regards to extending LLVM IR to support
directly implementing TNTC? How do you envision this would look at the
IR level, how much work do you think it would be and most importantly
do you feel LLVM would be willing to accept patches for it?

We simply post process the assembly right now to get the desired code
and it works very well but it means we can't use the integrated
assembler which annoys me.

Cheers,
David.