[LLVMdev] llvm-config --cxxflags does not give the result the configuration script wants?

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Tue Mar 13 07:31:41 PDT 2012

Jun-qi Deng <dengjunqi06323011 at gmail.com> writes:

> Recently I think I found a bug in llvm's CMakeLists.(I use llvm 3.1svn and
> Clang 3.1) I follow the normal way to try to compile an application that
> utilize both clang and llvm: I ./autogen.sh it, ./configure it and make it.
> But the make fails. At last I found out the failure is because that the
> Makefile's CXXFLAGS does not contain -fno-rtti option which is needed by
> the compilation.

Is it? In my experience, it isn't. Please show the relevant command
generated by your makefile and the associated error message(s).

RTTI is an on/off option that changes per LLVM library, so setting
-fno-rtti for using LLVM makes no sense. VMCore and Support have -frtti
while most of the rest have -fno-rtti. The switch is decided on
cmake/modules/LLVMProcessSources.cmake depending on the value of
LLVM_REQUIRES_RTTI.

[snip]