[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] Compiling Multiple Files

James Molloy James.Molloy at arm.com
Mon Mar 12 11:30:48 PDT 2012

Hi Ryan,

I see. Well, that shouldn't be an issue. If you link the bitcode files together with llvm-link you can then do several things:

(1) Run clang on it as you normally would with -O3 for maximum inlining
(2) Run 'llc' manually with -O3 and LTO, which will do the maximum link time optimisations.
(3) Run 'opt' manually with -O3, LTO which will produce another bitcode file, which you can then again give to Clang to codegen.

Cheers,

James