[LLVMdev] Dwarf info and .debug_pubnames section

Pranav Bhandarkar pranavb at codeaurora.org
Thu Mar 8 14:29:40 PST 2012

Hi All,

I just enabled the generation of dwarf debugging information for Hexagon. It
did not require much save for the setting of a flag in MCAsmInfo.

However, now I see that the ".debug_pubnames" sections is not generated. I
did read discussion about the section not really being useful for debuggers
in terms of accelerated access, but I have code that uses libdwarf to check
for global variables. The particular libdwarf API queries the
".debug_pubnames" This code is no longer functional because my LLVM
generated executables do not seem to have the .debug_pubnames sections. From
the discussion I did not gather that the sections would be removed
completely. Is that the case ?

TIA,
Pranav

Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of the Code Aurora Forum.