[LLVMdev] LLVM for automatic differentiation or linear algebra?

Joel Andersson joel.andersson at esat.kuleuven.be
Mon Mar 5 10:04:57 PST 2012

Dear all,

I am the author of an open-source package for mathematical optimization and
automatic differentiation called CasADi (www.casadi.org) and have recently
started realize the potential of the LLVM project. At the core of CasADi
are two fast interpretors for mathematical expressions and I'm now planning
to complement these with JIT-compilation using LLVM.

Does anyone know if there is someone using LLVM for either automatic
differentiation or (sparse) linear algebra (two of the things CasADi is
capable of doing)? One thing particularly interesting would be direct
sparse linear algebra. The only thing I could find was a blog entry from
2009:
http://justindomke.wordpress.com/2009/11/30/automatic-differentiation-without-compromises/

Kind regards,
Joel

--
Joel Andersson, PhD Student
Electrical Engineering Department (ESAT-SCD), Room 05.11,

Private address: Weidestraat 5, 3000 Leuven, Belgium