[LLVMdev] Access Violation using ExecutionEngine on 64-bit Windows 8 Consumer Preview

lost lostfreeman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 12:52:48 PST 2012

Hi, Takumi!

I tried your patch, and it did not help. Moreover, I tried to compile
under Windows 7 and copy files to Windows 8, and received the same
exception. So the problem seems to be in Windows 8 itself or some
non-portable code inside LLVM.

Could anyone tell me what LLVM code in ExecutionEngine is responsible
for allocating and protecting memory for generated native functions?

Best regards,
Victor Milovanov.