[LLVMdev] ConstantExpr refactoring

Renato Golin rengolin at systemcall.org
Sat Jun 30 05:10:47 PDT 2012

On 29 June 2012 23:40, Hal Finkel <hfinkel at anl.gov> wrote:
> This seems like yet-another place where target-information integration
> would be helpful (and, indeed, should be used).

Indeed! And it's part of the plan, to make sure we get it right.
However, since all folding will eventually be moved to the function
pass, that's gotta be coded (if not there yet) on the pass. I haven't
looked all of ti yet, but I guess there is already some support for
it, like other passes.

I think that's the whole point. Instead of coding traps and target
info on constant folding, we should keep them original until the
proper pass comes and does it right.

--
cheers,
--renato