[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] is configure+make dead yet?

hume npx humeafo at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 07:29:18 PDT 2012

> *hi,Óscar:*
> *  *
>   >Why? Please describe a case.
>

>   >I need to do some futher experiment and to see whether I have been
> wrong.

     Since I touch this problem several months ago, so I did some test
using the 3.2svn, the reason why uninstalled build 'cmake not work lies in

set(LLVM_INSTALL_PREFIX @LLVM_INSTALL_PREFIX@)
set(LLVM_INCLUDE_DIRS ${LLVM_INSTALL_PREFIX}/include)
set(LLVM_LIBRARY_DIRS ${LLVM_INSTALL_PREFIX}/lib)

LLVM_INCLUDE_DIRS and LLVM_LIBRARY_DIRS points to the user specified or
install tree location, but for uninstalled version, they are non-exist
yet(because not run make install), so set CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH to
builddir\share\llvm\cmake
and then do things as described in http://llvm.org/docs/CMake.html using
find_package(LLVM) and then

include_directories( ${LLVM_INCLUDE_DIRS} )
link_directories( ${LLVM_LIBRARY_DIRS} )

will cause the problem, the directory are not present for the built but
uninstalled source tree.