[LLVMdev] Problem compiling with clang + gold plugin: no archive symbol table

ryan stdstack at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 01:17:02 PDT 2012

I tried some other configurations. Now with llvm 3.0 + clang 3.0, and
expoert CC to be clang -flto -use-gold-plugin,
and other ENV variables.
Good news is the "no archive symbol error message" is gone, but bad news is
new error messages appear

> /path/to/ld: error: ../mysys/libmysys.a: member at 8758 is not an ELF
> object
> /path/to/ld: error: ../mysys/libmysys.a: member at 817850 is not an ELF
> object
> /path/to/ld: error: ../mysys/libmysys.a: member at 827534 is not an ELF
> object

Searched a related thread(where the failed test case have similar error
message) in:
http://www.mail-archive.com/libtool@gnu.org/msg12034.html
I'm wondering if that issue has been resolved?

Best regards,
Ryan