[LLVMdev] Creating a new project using LLVM

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Wed Jun 27 00:41:53 PDT 2012

Hi Z.Wu,

> I was doing some research on LLVM register allocator. I need to test my
> modification of the register allocator by using some test benchmarks.(Say I am
> using the gzip as a test program.) How can I make the whole gzip program using
> LLVM?

to compile C code like gzip, you need to use an LLVM front-end like clang or
dragonegg.  Probably you should compile to LLVM bitcode, for example using
"-c -O2 -emit-llvm" with clang.  You can then compile that to assembler
using an unmodified llc, and an llc that incorporates your changes.

Ciao, Duncan.