[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] is configure+make dead yet?

Sebastian Pop spop at codeaurora.org
Thu Jun 21 09:13:23 PDT 2012

Hi Nick,

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 7:13 PM, Nick Lewycky <nlewycky at google.com> wrote:
> Is there anybody who is certain that our autoconf dependency needs to stay
> around? Are there developers stuck on systems that don't have a recent
> enough cmake in their most recent release, or maybe are using some features
> from configure+make that the cmake build system doesn't implement?
>
> If nobody pipes up, I might actually try actually removing it!

All my scripts are using configure + make, as on my old linux distro cmake
was not installed by default.  I now have cmake installed, although I have
not tried yet to cross-compile with cmake.  I would need some time to adapt
my scripts and make sure I can use cmake for my cross-compiles.

Thanks,
Sebastian
--
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc is a member of Code Aurora Forum