[LLVMdev] Ninja (make replacement)

Jim Rowan jmr at codeaurora.org
Mon Jun 18 10:25:42 PDT 2012

On Jun 17, 2012, at 7:23 PM, Óscar Fuentes wrote:

> OTOH it's my personal
> opinion that you may be explaining too much: it is not necessary to
> explain, nor even mention, the different available build tools on
> Windows. As LLVM and Clang are developer tools, one can suppose that
> the
> user knows how to run a build.

IMO, Mikael's efforts are on-target and very useful, and the level of
detail is close to "right".   Windows builds for almost any tool are,
despite many of our most fervent desires, still very much different
from linux builds.  There are umpteen different variants on exactly
which shims to select to make them work in the windows universe, and
guidance through that maze is quite useful even to people familiar
with all the options.  In particular, the "it currently doesn't work
with such-and-such" potentially saves false starts down those paths.

(Thanks Mikael!)