[LLVMdev] Is cross-compiling for ARM on x86 with llvm/Clang possible?

Journeyer J. Joh oosaprogrammer at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 04:20:23 PDT 2012

Hello list,

I wonder if llvm/Clang can compile C or C++ for ARM from on x86.

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.compilers.clang.devel/8896

The talk above answered 'NO' to my question, which means Clang is not yet
able to cross compile for ARM on X86.

Is the answer still correct for my question?

I saw somewhere that Clang supports ARM on Darwin only. Then is the cross
compiling possible only on Darwin not on linux or FreeBSD?

If the cross compiling is supported, is there any documentation on how to
do it?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards
Journeyer