[LLVMdev] LNT always using clang++ as linker command

Tobias von Koch T.EdlerVonKoch at freescale.com
Wed Jun 13 06:42:03 PDT 2012

Hi,

I'm using LNT to run the llvm nightly tests. When it's compiling the
tests, it seems to always use the clang++ driver as the linker command
instead of clang, even for tests that are pure C code. This makes all
the binaries depend on libstdc++, which isn't great.

This happens even if I specify --disable-cxx. The only way around it
seems to be to also specify clang as the C++ compiler (using --cxx), but
then a few of the tests still add "-lstdc++".

Just as a heads-up, we're running lnt in a cross-compiler setup. That
is, lnt runs on an x86 host and compiles for a PPC target where tests
are executed remotely (--remote). The lnt command is something like: lnt
runtest nt --sandbox SANDBOX --cc CLANG --test-suite TESTSUITE --remote
--remote-host XYZ --remote-port 22 --remote-user XYZ --arch ppc32
--cflag "--sysroot=XYZ -target XYZ"

Is this a bug or a feature? ;)

Cheers,
Tobias