[LLVMdev] Upgrading from llvm 2.8 to 3.0/3.1

Chethan R chethan.vasishta at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 21:39:18 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am working on upgrading our compiler backend from llvm 2.8 to 3.0/3.1. I
have been reading the release docs, llvm blogs etc that talk about the type
system rewrite, exception handling rewrite, new register allocators etc to
know the changes. One of our major concerns is that even though our
compiler's run time has boosted a lot, thanks to llvm, our compile time is
pretty high. I searched for info related to compile time and run time
improvements for the releases but couldn't find one. It would be great if
one could point me out to these docs, if any.

-Chethan