[LLVMdev] MC disassembler for ARM

Fan Dawei fandawei.s at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 04:28:30 PDT 2012

Hi Evan,

Thanks for the information!

I've try to use llvm-objdump to disassemble some ARM binary, such as
busybox in android.

./llvm-objdump -arch=arm -d busybox

There are many instructions cannot decode,

:./llvm-objdump: warning: invalid instruction encoding

Did I use llvm-objdump in a correct way?

I think that one possible reason is that llvm-objdump encounter pc relative
data. I'll figure out if this is the reason.

Thanks,
David