[LLVMdev] llvm-? new mailing list?

Samuel Crow samuraileumas at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 4 16:52:26 PDT 2012

> Traffic on llvm-dev is quite high and while the majority of it is LLVM

> development related, there are many other mails related to clients or other
> projects.
>
> Having an llvm-users doesn't make any sense, but perhaps having a
> llvm-clients or llvm-general mailing list may help offload some of the traffic.
>
> What do people think? Any other suggestions to divide up the traffic and reach
> the right people?
>
> Thanks,
> Tanya

Hi Tonya,

Yes please!  The development information of LLVM is way over my head and I just want to use LLVM in one of my personal projects.  It doesn't make sense to be subscribed to CFE, Dev, and Announce only to use a small fraction of the posts that hit my mailbox.  I vote +1 on the idea of having a general-purpose usage mailing list just so I can drop off of the main developers' mailing list.

--Sam Crow