[LLVMdev] Clang 3.1 __builtin_ia32_pcmpeqd128 doesn't work anymore

Hal Finkel hfinkel at anl.gov
Mon Jun 4 05:54:11 PDT 2012

On Mon, 04 Jun 2012 14:28:12 +0200
Duncan Sands <baldrick at free.fr> wrote:

> Hi Hal,
>
> >> I think so, though I don't know much about clang's support for such
> >> intrinsics, just what's in
> >> http://clang.llvm.org/compatibility.html#vector_builtins
> >
> > I think that you should write to the cfe-dev list about this. Just
> > because the LLVM intrinsic was removed does not mean that the clang
> > intrinsic cannot exist. clang should be able to generate the
> > aforementioned generic IR.
>
> did you read the web-page I mentioned above?

No, and I apologize. Nevertheless, I still recommend that any further
questions on this topic be directed to cfe-dev. This is because there
is a decoupling between LLVM and clang intrinsics. Just because there
is no longer an LLVM intrinsic does not mean that there cannot be a
clang intrinsic (as you know, many of the existing clang intrinsics
generate generic IR now).

 -Hal

--
Hal Finkel