[LLVMdev] Big endian ARM?

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Sun Jun 3 00:47:03 PDT 2012

Hi Rich,

> I've figured out my problem. I didn't adjust the data layout description string
> in ARMTargetMachine.cpp for big endian targets.
>
> This brings up another question. clang has its own set of description strings
> for varying ABIs, etc. Should those strings somehow override in the code
> generators?

no, they shouldn't override it.  These strings exist AFAIK so that clang
doesn't have to pull in all of LLVM's codegen just to know data layout,
i.e. it gives better decoupling.  What would make sense is to have LLVM
codegen check that the data layout string in the module matches the string
that codegen is going to use and error out if not.

Ciao, Duncan.